RSS
I am a 37 year old female who is an identical twin, an Aunt to Melissa, a surrogate “Aunt Donni” to Tyler, a fitness and exercise enthusiast, a strong and optimistic person ... Read more

AN ILLUSION OF CONFUSION

I wish I could forget a psychotic bout
In which paranoia caused me to hear others shout!

Having vivid hallucinations that I thought were real
Would shaken my Faith and have me pray and kneel.
To this day I am traumatized and need therapy and time to heal
Strong emotions of fear and fright, I continue to feel.

Losing my mind has always been my greatest fear
This incident, detailed and scary, five years ago, still seems so near.

Alone and distanced from my usual support system,
I felt as if everyone was against me, it was either I or them.

Thanks to medication, doctors’ intervention, and time passing along
Today I would not change anything for it makes me the person I am, beautiful and strong.

By Donna
09/10/2010

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

James Crumly said...

miss Donna, i can relate to this in a very big way. you are right!! some of us are meant to go through struggles to make us the beautiful people that we are today. i write a blog myself called Mr. Illusion of Confusion. would you mind if i posted this on my blog once? i will give you full credit for it.

..........much love

Post a Comment